Summer is finally here! Wildwood Animal Hospital and Clinic is excited to announce that we are opening up and moving away from curbside. There are some COVID-19 restrictions that we are still adhering too so please read the details below so you and your pet are prepared for our new process. We are still offering curbside for the pet parents that request it.
As of now we are allowing up to 2 masked pet parents in a room at a time. Masks must be worn properly for the whole appointment.
Our new process for appointments:
1. Please call when you arrive to Wildwood Animal Hospital to announce your arrival. The technician will coordinate with you and your pet when it is ok to enter Wildwood Animal Hospital. The technician will meet you at the front entrance and walk you and your pet to a room. In order to enter the clinic you must be wearing a mask properly over mouth and nose.
2. Our expectations are that you would not have any symptoms of being sick. Please stay home if you are feeling sick as our exams room do not provide enough space for us to stay 6ft apart.
3. During the appointment we would expect that you stay in the exam room masked the entire time. If Dr., or technician leaves you would keep your mask on the entire time.
4. Also we will be checking you out during your appointment while you are in the room.
5. When the time comes for everyone to leave we will escort you out of the building through a different door than you came in. (This way we can have minimal clients in our lobby area)
New process for Medicine/Food pick up:
We still encourage you to call ahead to allow us to get medicine or prescription food prepared and paid for prior to pick up. Then we will make arrangement for pick up.
You can walk in masked into the lobby and also make a request for medicine or prescription food.
Thank you for the continued support from our pet parents and staff during the pandemic. We are blessed to have you as part of the Wildwood Animal Hospital and Clinic family!
🌷Happy Spring everyone! 🐾 Wildwood Animal Hospital and Clinic is continuing curbside veterinary services until our staff is vaccinated fully. We do not anticipate this happening until June/July time frame. Thank you for the continued support during this pandemic. We are happy to continue to provide care to your pet family.
Wildwood Animal Hospital and Clinic is continuing curbside veterinary services until further notice. We have listed our Holiday Hours below. Thank you for the continued support during this pandemic. We are happy to continue to provide care to your pet family.
Happy Holidays to all!
Holiday Hours 2020
Thanksgiving – Nov. 26 - CLOSED
Black Friday – Nov. 27 – CLOSED
Christmas Eve – Dec. 24 – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Christmas Day – Dec 25 – CLOSED
New Year’s Eve – Dec 31 – 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
New Year’s Day – Jan 1 - CLOSED
Wildwood Animal Hospital is going to continue curbside veterinary services until further notice. We have been monitoring the CDC and DHS websites. Keeping up to date with the latest information. From the beginning of Covid-19 we have seen wellness, surgical, and sick pets. For us to open and allow pets parents inside (exception for euthanasia) would actually limit the amount of pets that we could see in a day. We want to continue to offer a safe experience during this pandemic that not only keeps our clients and pets safe but our staff as well.
Wildwood Animal Hospital would like to shout out at our amazing clients who have been supportive of our decisions during this pandemic. This has not been an easy time for many and having your support has been heartwarming. Our staff also has been in all the elements the outdoors has to offer. This has added quite a bit of extra to their day so when you see them let them know what a rock star they are.
Curbside Veterinary Care and how it works.
Wildwood Animal Hospital recognizes the rapidly changing environment that is around us concerning the COVID-19. We are classified as an essential business and going forward we are here to continue to offer support for our patients, clients, and community.
Due to concerns about the COVID-19, we are taking additional precautionary measures with in the hospital to keep our staff, doctors, patients, and clients safe, while continuing to provide essential patient care.
We are offering curb side care to our clients. Also, going forward, for any medicine or food refills are asking clients to call in advance and when they arrive we will bring out the prescription/food to your vehicle.
If you or someone in your home are having symptoms please stay home. You can have a healthy individual bring in your pet for you and we can talk with you over the phone.
The way this will work is as follows:
We ask that you give us a call when you arrive and are parked in the hospital parking lot. At this time you will be transferred to one of our technicians to go over any history, concerns, symptoms, or questions you have regarding your pet (just as if you were in the clinic). We will then come out to your car and bring your pet into the building to have their exam, vaccinations, or treatments/diagnostics performed. We will call you back and go over findings and recommendations. Payment will then be made over the phone with one of our team members.
What clients should do when they arrive at the hospital with patients:
1. Call us when you arrive at the parking lot be sure to have your pet secured with collar and leash or a carrier.
2. Please remain in your vehicle with your pet.
3. Care professionals associated with your appointment will discuss your needs by phone when you arrive. At the end of the phone conversation, a care professional will come to the parking lot to bring your pet into the building for evaluation. Please step out of vehicle with pet and place pet on ground our care professional will take the pet from you via leash or pick up the carrier to bring into hospital.
4. After the medical team evaluates your pet, you will receive a phone call to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward. Verbal consent for treatment and details surrounding financial estimates will be authorized via this phone call. MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR PHONE AND A CHARGER!
5. After the appointment is complete and any additional findings are discussed/questions are answered you will receive a phone call from a customer service representative to obtain payment via:
Credit card or Care Credit are preferred, but cash or check will also be accepted.
ONLINE MED REFILLS! We will be here for refills. We will give you a brand new bottle each time for a refill until otherwise updated at no additional charge. Using our online store is a great tool to utilize during this time. You will not need to leave the house and the medications come straight from our supplier pharmacy. If we are forced to shut down at any point we will still be able to approve medication requests filled through our online store!
We are so very sorry to inconvenience anyone. This is obviously not how we like to conduct our business but our primary goal is to stay healthy, keep others around us healthy, and continue to provide service throughout the duration of this pandemic.
The Centers for Disease Control have a comprehensive website with general information and more about COVID-19 and pets: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html