Wildwood Animal Hospital recognizes the rapidly changing environment that is around us concerning the COVID-19. We are classified as an essential business and going forward we are here to continue to offer support for our patients, clients, and community.
Due to concerns about the COVID-19, we are taking additional precautionary measures with in the hospital to keep our staff, doctors, patients, and clients safe, while continuing to provide essential patient care.
We are offering curb side care to our clients. Also, going forward, for any medicine or food refills are asking clients to call in advance and when they arrive we will bring out the prescription/food to your vehicle.
If you or someone in your home are having symptoms please stay home. You can have a healthy individual bring in your pet for you and we can talk with you over the phone.
The way this will work is as follows:
We ask that you give us a call when you arrive and are parked in the hospital parking lot. At this time you will be transferred to one of our technicians to go over any history, concerns, symptoms, or questions you have regarding your pet (just as if you were in the clinic). We will then come out to your car and bring your pet into the building to have their exam, vaccinations, or treatments/diagnostics performed. We will call you back and go over findings and recommendations. Payment will then be made over the phone with one of our team members.
What clients should do when they arrive at the hospital with patients:
1. Call us when you arrive at the parking lot be sure to have your pet secured with collar and leash or a carrier.
2. Please remain in your vehicle with your pet.
3. Care professionals associated with your appointment will discuss your needs by phone when you arrive. At the end of the phone conversation, a care professional will come to the parking lot to bring your pet into the building for evaluation. Please step out of vehicle with pet and place pet on ground our care professional will take the pet from you via leash or pick up the carrier to bring into hospital.
4. After the medical team evaluates your pet, you will receive a phone call to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward. Verbal consent for treatment and details surrounding financial estimates will be authorized via this phone call. MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR PHONE AND A CHARGER!
5. After the appointment is complete and any additional findings are discussed/questions are answered you will receive a phone call from a customer service representative to obtain payment via:
Credit card or Care Credit are preferred, but cash or check will also be accepted.
ONLINE MED REFILLS! We will be here for refills. We will give you a brand new bottle each time for a refill until otherwise updated at no additional charge. Using our online store is a great tool to utilize during this time. You will not need to leave the house and the medications come straight from our supplier pharmacy. If we are forced to shut down at any point we will still be able to approve medication requests filled through our online store!
We are so very sorry to inconvenience anyone. This is obviously not how we like to conduct our business but our primary goal is to stay healthy, keep others around us healthy, and continue to provide service throughout the duration of this pandemic.
The Centers for Disease Control have a comprehensive website with general information and more about COVID-19 and pets: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html